Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Life is a journey, not a destination

That had to be the title of my first blog post, no question. My brother, whom I love dearly, responded to this earlier today with "and remember, when life gives you a lemon make a cheesy motivational poster....." To which I responded, "And remember... never act in anger. Instead, calmly flip the person off." I love my family : ) You might think that last statement is sarcastic, but no. Cruel and mocking comments are our love language. Erika created this blog for she, Katie, and I to document our journey through nursing school. The title reflects her goal: to give us an outlet to relieve stress and also to let our family and friends get a picture into the experience. So far, the experience has been far from painful. In fact, I find that my stress level has only decreased 10-fold since starting nursing school. I fully embrace the fact that this again reinforces that I am a complete nerd, but I love it: I love everything that I'm learning, I love that I've met someone new every day, and I love the interaction. Most of all, I love that yesterday when I played with a baby on the bus , I knew that the capillary angioma on her face was totally benign! The Lord has shown me each step of the way that I'm on the right path, not just in nursing but in general. So far, every morning when I wake up, I know that I am where I'm supposed to be and that exciting things lie ahead. So, maybe it's cheesy, but life really is a journey, not a destination. Otherwise, my Creator wouldn't have put me here.

Hopefully, this blog will allow my friends and family who are interested to get a glimpse into my ADLs (nursing lingo for Activities of Daily Living). Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That's my girl! Making the world a better place, face-to-face, one startling encounter at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika and friends -

    I had no idea you started a blog! I've already subscribed and am super excited to keep reading :) esp. b/c I may want to do nursing school one day, myself! I wish you all the best of luck with school and am looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete