Monday, May 3, 2010

Dear Katie and Erika

So Ladies,
I was thinking of giving you guys cards today, but then I thought you might feel badly for not doing something or I would forget or we would be too busy or whatever so I thought the blog would be a better option. This way, a year and a half from now, when we're done with nursing school and you're feeling all nostalgic, you can look back on this letter with smiles and laughter (at me or with me is your choice). First of all, I love you guys. I really mean it; I love you, even if we don't stay in touch until 40 or stay in the same area or whatever. You girls have meant so much to me this past year, and I hope I've done a fraction for you what you have done for me. We had lots of fun and laughs and insides jokes, yes. But, even we our conversations were pretty boring or we didn't have much to say, we were there for eachother. We vented, we stressed, we yawned and complained, or we just studied and worked together. But, there's something really great about not feeling alone in the whole process, and I'm just glad we had each other through everything: summer school, stressful registration, clinical, evals, head-to-toes, boring lectures, creepy boys, awkward teachers, stressful work situations, etc. I'm so glad we have another year of BLISS left! There's not much better. You two are beautiful inside and out. I can already see how lucky your patients will be; I would love to have either of you as my nurse. You know when to listen, you know when to respond, you know when to advise, you know when to give a reality check, you know when to agree and disagree. Plus, unlike our other friends, we actually think Erika sending pictures of meconium is actually funny. And, we can talk about VD and other related issues without squirming with awkwardness. And I can ask my incredibly inappropriate questions without being ashamed. Well, let's be honest, I do embarrass myself quite often. So Katie, pretty much you're the only normal one. Haha, Erika, help me think of something embarrassing that Katie does. I'm blanking. : ) We each had our moments. All of them fun, in their own way. To all of you reading this, especially if you are their family, these girls are two of the funnest, brightest, most intelligent girls you'll ever meet, and you are truly blessed to know them.... as am I. I wish you two the best summer, and I hope to hear from you often. Thank you for your friendship, your patience, and your willingness to put up with me ... both my good and bad days.
Love Always,
MK

1 comment: