Monday, February 1, 2010

Live, love, laugh, LIFE

I never cease to be amazed at the grace the Lord has poured out on me and what an amazing gift that is. To all of my friends and family that don't share my faith, I hope that you can at least recognize that, for me, the Lord is my strength and my assurance in my past, present, and future. With each day and month that passes, I only gain more and more faith in the fact that my past, present, and future all serve some purpose, and I love watching it unfold. However, let me just say, I have my down days just like everyone else. For example, Friday was just one of those days. I was absolutely exhausted (like every other nursing student), I felt like everything I said and did was getting on someone's nerves, I came home to a parking ticket for $100 b/c I parked within 50 feet of a freakin' fire hydrant, and then I had to work which meant I didn't get to go home at all to visit my mom. Days that end in tears. They're wonderful. However, the weekend turned out just fine. Lots of studying and rest accomplished. So, I got the bad day out of the way. The rest of my days since Christmas have been pretty wonderful overall, actually. I am now working on the 5th floor of UNC Memorial, with a focus on oncology and hematology. It's been interesting to adapt my style of nursing to children who are so sick. They're in such an illogical place - 13 year olds with cancer? I don't even know how to touch that, and it brings me to tears just thinking about it. Not all of the cases are so severe, but it is those cases that remind me how amazingly, amazingly blessed I am! I am so grateful to be in the position to be able to help those not so fortunate to have their help. If only my attitude could be that wonderful everyday at 6:00 when that alarm clock goes off. As far as school goes... it felt so wonderful coming back to familiar faces! Katie and I talked about it right away; the feeling of being back amongst students that you know and love is pretty fantastic (as opposed to 400 student lecture halls in regular undergrad)! Speaking of, let me just give a shout out to my 2 fellow bloggers. These girls are BEAUTIFUL- you have no idea how jealous I am of both of them. And, I'm not joking - well not jealous haha but definitely in awe. They are so encouraging, each in their own ways, and they are just going to be (I guess, they already are) the two most kick-ass RNs and women ever! Thank you ladies for the laughs, the inside jokes, and the united venting fronts. And, the sex jokes. Sorry, Katie.. I'm 5... I had to throw that in there : ) While I'm on this light note, I should mention that I am now officially an employee of the YOGURT PUMP. My freshman dream has come true. I'm pretty "pumped" about it for sure though. If you can believe it, I'm this witty all the time. And yes, only if you know me, will that illicit even the slightest smile. So anyway, life is beautiful, even on my most depressing of days, and this blog helps me remember that. So, thank you Erika, for the motivation! For now, I will so adieu (which makes me long for rain drops, and roses and whiskers on kisses), but I promise to be much more faithful from here on out. Keep us in mind this week- we have our first test! Until next time, love to you all! <3 MK

1 comment: